At South Tampa Dermatology, we take care of the people who take care of Tampa. We show our commitment to the community by donating to the local charities that our patients support with their talents and time.
Here are some of the charities we have supported this year:
Check out our Facebook page to see when local charities are having fundraising events. You just might be able to support these great charities and get a great deal on South Tampa Dermatology’s products and procedures.
At South Tampa Dermatology, we are committed to the environment. We have taken the following steps to reduce our carbon footprint and to use fewer resources.
Some of the steps we have taken include:
- Our building’s security lighting for covered parking uses energy efficient LED lights which consume only 60 watts of power.
- The carpet at the entrance to our building is made from recycled plastic.
- All our computers and appliances are Energy Star compliant and have been since day one.
- Our Five-ton Carrier air conditioner has a SEER 16 rating – the most efficient unit available at that time.
- Our Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system was implemented on day one over 15 years ago, saving a tremendous amount of paper and eliminating the need for space and filing cabinets for patient records. And the wireless environment means no cable was needed to install the computer system.
- The HIPAA-compliant EMR system has used cloud computing from day one, requiring only an internet connection and no power-hungry server.
- We instituted electronic prescriptions 13 years ago; saving even more paper.
- Ulta-efficient LED lights are used throughout the office.
- The hot water heater is used only 20 minutes per day, lowering electricity consumption.
- The office was designed with a compact hub-and-spoke design centered around the nursing station – saving steps and time for the patients, doctor and staff.
Our practice is proud to announce that South Tampa Dermatology has been recognized by the Florida Medical Association as a Certified Green Office.